Welcome to NF Central Plains
Be sure to check out our totes for the holidays, for gifts or for yourself!
Just in for the holidays! Small (14"x14"x3") canvas totes in 2 colorful designs find them in our shop:
TELL CONGRESS TO SUPPORT NF RESEARCH!
The Continuing Resolution (CR) that is currently funding the government expires on January 15th. Congress is working NOW to finalize Fiscal Year 2014 funding levels for programs included in the Department of Defense Appropriations bill, including the Peer-Reviewed Neurofibromatosis Research Program (NFRP).
The NFRP is one of the Department of Defense’s Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) and is the primary source of federal funding for NF research. This highly successful program has shown tangible results with broad implications for the general population. Sustained funding is critical to continue this promising research and build on the successes of this program.
The House included $15 million for NF research in their Fiscal Year 2014 Defense Appropriations bill, and we need your help to ensure that this level of funding is maintained in the final FY2014 Defense bill that is sent to President Obama for his signature.
Please ask the members of your Congressional delegation to support NF research.
Neurofibromatosis, Inc. Central Plains is a nonprofit organization founded in 1989 to provide information and support to people with neurofibromatosis (NF), their families and anyone interested in the disorder. We remain dedicated to NF families and the professionals who provide services for them. We serve those who live in Kansas, Western Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Colorado.
There are many ways you can get involved!
- Join our e-mail list! We'll keep you updated about events that are going on in your area and all the latest news regarding neurofibromatosis (NF).
- Like us on Facebook! We put our events on facebook and other information about what's going on in the community of NF.
- Check out our blog. We post videos, stories about people who have NF, ways to get involved, and the latest research.
- Take a look at all the upcoming events! There are events all over the midwest for raising money and awareness about NF.
- Want to help out but can't be involved in another way? Make a donation to NF Central Plains!.
- Shop our store for chapter NF support items.